Red Dead Online is an open-world action-adventure game that has captured the hearts of players all around the world. However, like any online game, it is not immune to technical glitches and errors that can hinder the gaming experience. One such error that has been causing frustration among players is the 0x20010006 error. This error prevents players from fully enjoying the game and can be a major buzzkill during gameplay. In this article, we will delve into everything you need to know about the 0x20010006 error in Red Dead Online and how you can fix it to get back to enjoying the game. So, saddle up and let’s dive into All About Fix Red Dead Online Error 0x20010006.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Red Dead Online Error 0x20010006?
Red Dead Online is an online multiplayer game set in the Wild West world of Red Dead Redemption 2. While the game has received widespread praise for its immersive gameplay and stunning graphics, it is not without its flaws. One of the most common issues reported by players is the Error 0x20010006, which can cause frustration and hindrance to gameplay. In this blog post, we will discuss what this error is, why it occurs, and how to fix it.
What is Error 0x20010006?
Error 0x20010006 is a network connectivity issue that occurs in Red Dead Online. It is a server error that can prevent players from accessing certain game modes or even disconnect them from the game completely. This error code usually appears with the message “You have been disconnected from Red Dead Online due to a fault on Rockstar game services” or “Error: 0x20010006.” Players may also experience lag, freezing, or dropping out of the game.
Why does this error occur?
There are various reasons why Error 0x20010006 may occur in Red Dead Online. Here are some of the most common causes:
1. Server issues: Red Dead Online is an online multiplayer game, and like any other online game, it relies on servers to connect players. If there are issues with the game’s servers, it can result in Error 0x20010006.
2. Internet connection problems: The game requires a stable internet connection to function properly. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it can lead to this error.
3. Outdated game: It is essential to keep your game updated to ensure smooth gameplay. If you are playing an outdated version of Red Dead Online, it can result in this error.
4. Firewall or antivirus settings: Some players have reported that their firewall or antivirus settings were blocking the game’s connection, causing Error 0x20010006.
5. Hardware issues: In some cases, the error may be caused by hardware issues such as outdated drivers or a faulty network adapter.
How to fix Error 0x20010006 in Red Dead Online?
Here are some methods that can help you fix Error 0x20010006 in Red Dead Online:
1. Check the game’s server status: The first thing you should do is to check if the game’s servers are experiencing any issues. Visit the official Rockstar Games website or their social media pages for any updates on server maintenance or outages.
2. Check your internet connection: Make sure your internet connection is stable and working properly. If it is weak or unreliable, try restarting your modem or router.
3. Clear the game cache: Clearing the game’s cache can help resolve various connectivity issues. To do this, go to Settings > Storage > Clear local saved games on your console.
4. Update the game: Make sure you have the latest version of Red Dead Online installed. If there is an update available, download and install it to see if it resolves the error.
5. Check your firewall and antivirus settings: If your firewall or antivirus is blocking the game’s connection, you may need to add an exception for Red Dead Online or disable them temporarily.
6. Restart your console or PC: Sometimes a simple restart can fix network connectivity issues. Turn off your console or PC, wait a few minutes, and then turn it back on.
7. Troubleshoot hardware issues: If the above methods do not work
Using Google DNS on PS4
As a tech-savvy individual, you may have heard of the term DNS, which stands for Domain Name System. DNS is an essential aspect of the internet, as it helps convert website names into IP addresses, allowing your device to connect to the internet and load web pages.
Every device that connects to the internet has a default DNS server provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). However, using this default DNS server might not always provide the best internet experience. That is where Google DNS comes in.
Google DNS is a public DNS service provided by Google, and it is one of the most popular DNS services. This service offers an alternative to your ISP’s DNS server, offering a faster and more reliable internet experience.
Why Should You Use Google DNS on PS4?
Your PS4 relies on a stable internet connection for online gaming, streaming, and downloading games and updates. If you are experiencing slow internet speeds or lag while playing your favorite games, it could be due to your default DNS server.
In such cases, switching to Google DNS can improve your internet performance and provide a better gaming experience. Here are some of the benefits of using Google DNS on PS4:
1. Faster Internet Speeds: Google DNS uses advanced algorithms and vast servers, allowing it to respond quickly and efficiently to DNS requests. This results in faster internet speeds and reduces the time it takes for your PS4 to connect to websites or online servers.
2. Increased Reliability: Google DNS has a 99.9% uptime, meaning it is rarely down. Switching to Google DNS can help your PS4 maintain a stable internet connection and reduce the chances of experiencing internet outages or network errors.
3. Improved Security: Google DNS offers enhanced security features, helping protect your PS4 from online threats such as malware, phishing attacks, and DNS hijacking. It also includes a feature called “DNSSEC,” which ensures the authenticity of the website you are accessing, preventing you from being directed to fake websites.
How to Use Google DNS on PS4
Now that you know the benefits of using Google DNS on your PS4 let’s take a look at how you can set it up:
Step 1: Turn on your PS4 and go to the “Settings” menu.
Step 2: Scroll down and select “Network.”
Step 3: Select “Set Up Internet Connection.”
Step 4: Choose the type of connection you use (Wi-Fi or LAN cable).
Step 5: Select “Custom” and enter the required information.
Step 6: When prompted to enter the DNS settings, select “Manual.”
Step 7: Set the Primary DNS to 220.127.116.11 and the Secondary DNS to 18.104.22.168.
Step 8: Save the changes and test your internet connection to ensure it is working.
That’s it. You have successfully changed the DNS server of your PS4 to Google DNS.
Using Google DNS on your PS4 can significantly improve your internet speed, reliability, and security. However, if you ever experience any issues with Google DNS, you can always switch back to your default DNS server by following the same steps and selecting “Automatic” instead of “Manual” in the DNS settings.
So the next time you want to enhance your online gaming experience or improve your internet speed on your PS4, consider using Google DNS and see the difference for yourself.
Using Google DNS on Xbox One
Are you an avid gamer who spends hours on your Xbox One? Have you ever experienced slow internet speeds and lag while playing online? If so, then you may want to consider using Google DNS on your Xbox One to improve your gaming experience. Google DNS (Domain Name System) is a free alternative to your internet service provider’s DNS. It can provide faster and more reliable connections, and in turn, reduce lag and improve your online gaming performance. In this blog, we will discuss how to use Google DNS on your Xbox One.
What is DNS?
Before we dive into using Google DNS on your Xbox One, let’s first understand what DNS is. DNS is like the phonebook of the internet. It translates domain names (such as www.google.com) into IP addresses, which are numerical addresses that computers use to connect to each other over the internet. When you type a website’s domain name into your browser, it sends a request to the DNS server to look up the corresponding IP address and then connects you to the website. A DNS server is usually provided by your internet service provider (ISP). However, you can also use alternative DNS servers, such as Google DNS.
Why use Google DNS on Xbox One?
Google DNS has become a popular choice for many users due to its faster response times, improved security, and better reliability compared to ISP DNS servers. By using Google DNS on your Xbox One, you can potentially experience faster connection speeds and reduced lag while playing online games. Additionally, using Google DNS can also prevent your ISP from tracking your online activity.
How to use Google DNS on Xbox One?
Setting up Google DNS on your Xbox One is a simple process. Here’s how you can do it:
Step 1: Turn on your Xbox One and go to Settings.
Step 2: Select Network, and then select Advanced Settings.
Step 3: Select DNS Settings and then choose Manual.
Step 4: Select the Primary DNS field and enter the following: 22.214.171.124
This is the primary Google DNS server address.
Step 5: Select the Secondary DNS field and enter the following: 126.96.36.199
This is the secondary Google DNS server address.
Step 6: Press B on your controller to save the changes.
That’s it! You have successfully set up Google DNS on your Xbox One.
If you experience any issues with your internet connection after setting up Google DNS, you can try the following troubleshooting tips:
1. Restart your Xbox One: Sometimes a simple restart can fix any connection issues.
2. Check your network cables: Make sure all the cables are connected correctly and are not damaged.
3. Reset your network settings: Go to Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear. Then restart your Xbox One.
4. Contact your ISP: If you continue to experience connection issues, it could be an issue with your ISP. Contact them for further assistance.
In conclusion, using Google DNS on your Xbox One can potentially improve your online gaming experience. It is an easy and free alternative to your ISP’s DNS server. So, if you are tired of lag and slow connection speeds while playing on your Xbox One, give Google DNS a try and see the difference for yourself.
Using Google DNS on PC
Google DNS (Domain Name System) is a free and publicly accessible DNS service provided by Google. DNS is responsible for translating a website’s domain name into its corresponding IP address, allowing users to access websites through their browsers.
While most internet users rely on their Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) default DNS servers, using Google DNS can improve your overall internet experience by providing faster and more reliable internet connections. In this blog, we will discuss how to use Google DNS on your PC.
How to change DNS settings on PC:
Step 1: Open Network and Internet Settings
On Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Network & Internet. On older versions of Windows, navigate to Control Panel > Network and Internet.
Step 2: Click on Change adapter options
Under the Status section, click on Change adapter options.
Step 3: Right-click on your active network connection
You will see a list of your active network connections. Right-click on the one you are currently using and select Properties.
Step 4: Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Under the Networking tab, scroll down and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
Step 5: Change DNS server addresses
In the General tab, click on the Use the following DNS server addresses option. Fill in the following DNS server addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
Step 6: Save changes
Click on OK to save the changes and exit the window.
Step 7: Repeat for IPv6 (optional)
If you are also using IPv6, repeat the same steps for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). The preferred and alternate DNS server addresses for IPv6 are:
Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888
Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
Step 8: Test your new DNS servers
To check if your new DNS servers are working, open the Command Prompt (Press Windows + R, type cmd and press Enter) and type in the command “ipconfig /all”. You should see the new DNS server addresses listed under your active network connection.
Advantages of Using Google DNS:
1. Faster internet speeds: Google DNS is known for its fast response time, which can result in a noticeable improvement in internet speeds.
2. Improved reliability: Google DNS has a large network of servers, which makes it more reliable than many default DNS servers provided by ISPs.
3. Better security: Google DNS supports DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions), which adds an extra layer of security and helps prevent DNS attacks.
4. Seamless access to restricted content: By using Google DNS, you can bypass any geographical restrictions set by your ISP and access region-blocked content.
5. Better privacy: Some ISPs track your browsing data through their DNS servers. By using Google DNS, you can keep your browsing history private from your ISP.
Switching to Google DNS on your PC is a simple and easy way to improve your internet experience. With faster speeds, improved reliability, better security, and enhanced privacy, it is definitely worth giving a try. Follow the steps mentioned above and enjoy a better and faster internet connection.
In conclusion, the error 0x20010006 on Red Dead Online is a common issue faced by many players. However, there are various steps that can be taken to fix this error and continue enjoying the game. From troubleshooting connectivity issues, clearing cache, to contacting Rockstar support, there are solutions available for players to resolve this error. It is important to keep the game updated and to follow the recommended steps to prevent the error from occurring. With the continuous growth of Red Dead Online, it is important for players to have a smooth gaming experience, and by following the advice in this article, players can overcome the error 0x20010006 and get back to enjoying the Wild West.