FFXIV Error 90006 is a common issue that many players of the popular online game Final Fantasy XIV encounter. This error can cause frustration and disruption to gameplay, leading to players seeking solutions and answers. In this article, we will delve into the details of FFXIV Error 90006, discussing its causes, impact on gameplay, and possible solutions. Whether you are a seasoned player or new to the world of Final Fantasy XIV, understanding this error can help ensure a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience.
Table of Contents
Fix: FFXIV Error 90006
The “FFXIV Error 90006” is an error code that can appear in the popular online game, Final Fantasy XIV. This error is usually related to internet connectivity issues and can prevent players from logging into the game. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix this error.
1. Check your internet connection
The most common cause of the FFXIV Error 90006 is a poor or unstable internet connection. Make sure your internet connection is stable and strong before trying to log into the game again. You can also try resetting your router or modem to improve your connection.
2. Disable Windows Firewall
Sometimes, Windows Firewall can interfere with the game’s connection and cause the FFXIV Error 90006. To fix this, try disabling your Windows Firewall temporarily and then launching the game. If the error is gone, add an exception for Final Fantasy XIV in your Firewall settings.
3. Use a VPN
If your internet connection is stable but you are still getting the FFXIV Error 90006, try using a VPN. A virtual private network can help improve your connection and bypass any network restrictions that may be causing the error.
4. Update your drivers
Outdated or corrupt network drivers can also cause connection issues and trigger the FFXIV Error 90006. Update your drivers to the latest version and try launching the game again.
5. Run the game in administrator mode
Sometimes, running the game as an administrator can resolve the FFXIV Error 90006. Right-click on the game’s launcher or shortcut and select “Run as administrator.”
6. Clear DNS cache
Clearing your DNS cache can also help fix connection issues in the game. To do this, open the command prompt and type “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit enter. Then restart your computer and try launching the game again.
7. Reinstall the game
If none of the above solutions work, you may need to reinstall the game. This will delete any corrupted game files that may be causing the FFXIV Error 90006 and give you a fresh start.
Hopefully, one of these solutions will help you fix the FFXIV Error 90006 and get back to playing Final Fantasy XIV. If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact the game’s support team for further assistance.
What is causing the FFXIV error 90006 code
The FFXIV error 90006 code is a common issue that players encounter while playing Final Fantasy XIV. It is a disconnection error that occurs when there is a problem with the player’s connection to the server. This error can be frustrating as it disrupts the player’s gameplay and can even lead to losing progress in the game.
There are several potential causes for the FFXIV error 90006 code, and in this article, we will discuss the most common ones.
1. Server Issues: In some cases, the error 90006 code is caused by server issues. Final Fantasy XIV has a large player base, and sometimes the servers may experience technical difficulties or maintenance, which can result in disconnections and errors.
2. Internet Connection Problems: The most common cause of the FFXIV error 90006 code is an unstable or weak internet connection. If your connection is weak or intermittent, it can lead to disconnections from the game server.
3. Firewall or Antivirus Settings: Firewalls and antivirus programs are essential for protecting your computer from external threats. However, they can also interfere with your game connection and cause the FFXIV error 90006 code. It is essential to ensure that your firewall and antivirus are not blocking the game’s connection.
4. Outdated Drivers: Another possible cause of this error is outdated or corrupted drivers. If your drivers are not up-to-date, it can result in compatibility issues with the game and lead to disconnections.
5. Third-Party Programs: Some third-party programs like VPNs, proxy servers, or network optimizers can interfere with your game connection and cause the FFXIV error 90006 code. It is recommended to disable these programs while playing the game.
6. In-game settings: Incorrect in-game settings can also result in the FFXIV error 90006 code. It is essential to make sure that your game settings are appropriate for your system specifications.
7. Hardware Issues: In rare instances, hardware issues such as faulty network devices or outdated routers can cause the FFXIV error 90006 code. If all the other potential causes have been ruled out, it is recommended to check for any hardware problems.
To resolve the FFXIV error 90006 code, there are a few things you can try:
1. Check for server issues: If the error occurred suddenly, it is worth checking to see if there are any server issues or maintenance occurring at the moment. If this is the case, the only thing you can do is wait for the issue to be resolved.
2. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong enough to support online gaming. You can try resetting your router or connecting to a different network to see if it resolves the issue.
3. Disable Firewall and Antivirus: Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus to see if they are causing the issue. If the error disappears, you can add the game to the list of exceptions in your firewall and antivirus settings.
4. Update drivers: Make sure all your drivers, especially your network adapter’s drivers, are up-to-date. You can either manually update them or use a third-party driver update tool.
5. Disable Third-Party Programs: If you are using any third-party programs, disable them while playing FFXIV to see if they are causing the issue.
6. Check in-game settings: Make sure your in-game settings are appropriate for your system specifications. Lowering
Method 1: Running the game at Admin
One common troubleshooting solution for many technical issues, including video game glitches, is running the program as an administrator. This can often solve problems related to permissions, user account control, and other issues that may be preventing the game from functioning properly.
To run a game as an administrator, follow these steps:
Step 1: Right-click on the game’s shortcut icon or its .exe file.
Step 2: From the drop-down menu, select “Run as administrator”.
Step 3: If a User Account Control (UAC) prompt appears, click “Yes” to confirm.
Step 4: The game will now run with administrator privileges, potentially giving it access to more resources and resolving any permission-related issues.
If running the game as administrator does not solve the issue, you can also try disabling the UAC feature on your computer. This can be done by going to the Control Panel, selecting “User Accounts”, and then clicking on “Change User Account Control settings”. From there, you can move the slider to the “Never notify” position and click “OK” to save the changes.
However, it is important to note that disabling UAC can make your computer more vulnerable to security threats, so it is recommended to only do so temporarily for troubleshooting purposes.
In some cases, certain antivirus software or firewall settings may also interfere with the game’s proper functioning. You can try temporarily disabling them to see if it resolves the issue.
If none of these solutions work, it may be helpful to try verifying the game’s files or reinstalling it completely. It is also a good idea to check for any updates or patches for the game that may address any known issues.
By following these steps and running the game as an administrator, you can potentially solve various technical issues and enjoy a smoother gaming experience.
Method 2: Flushing the DNS and Renewing the IP Config
If you’re experiencing issues with your internet connection, one potential solution is to flush the DNS and renew the IP configuration. This can help resolve problems with slow loading times, connection errors, and other issues related to DNS and IP settings.
Here’s how you can do it in a few simple steps:
Step 1: Open the Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac)
First, you’ll need to open the Command Prompt on Windows or the Terminal on Mac. You can do this by searching for “cmd” or “terminal” in the search bar, or by navigating to it in your system’s utilities folder.
Step 2: Flush the DNS
Next, type in the following command and press enter:
This will clear the DNS cache on your computer, which is a temporary storage of recent DNS lookups. Flushing the DNS can help resolve any issues related to outdated or corrupted entries in the cache.
Step 3: Release and renew the IP configuration
Now, you’ll need to release and renew your IP configuration. In the Command Prompt or Terminal, type in the following command and press enter:
This will release your current IP address. Then, type in the following command and press enter to renew your IP configuration:
This will assign a new IP address to your computer, which can help fix any connection issues related to an outdated or incorrect address.
Step 4: Restart your computer
After completing the above steps, it’s a good idea to restart your computer. This will ensure that all changes are applied and can help resolve any lingering issues.
If you’re still experiencing problems with your internet connection, you may want to try resetting your router or contacting your internet service provider for further assistance.
In conclusion, flushing the DNS and renewing the IP configuration can be an effective troubleshooting method for internet connection issues. It’s a quick and simple process that can help resolve common problems related to DNS and IP settings.
Method 3: Uninstall 3rd party interference
If you’re experiencing technical issues on your computer, one possible cause could be third-party interference. Third-party interference occurs when external software or programs conflict with your computer’s operating system or applications. This can lead to system crashes, slow performance, or other malfunctions. To resolve such issues, it’s important to identify and remove any third-party interference on your system. Here are some steps you can follow to uninstall 3rd party interference:
1. Identify the interfering software: The first step is to identify the third-party software that may be causing issues on your computer. Check if you have recently installed any new programs or applications. Pay attention to any software that automatically runs in the background, as these are most likely to interfere with your system.
2. Use the Task Manager: The Task Manager allows you to see all the processes running on your computer, including third-party software. To open the Task Manager, press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select “Task Manager” from the options. Look for any unfamiliar or suspicious processes, and end them by clicking on “End Task.”
3. Uninstall from Control Panel: If you know which software is causing the interference, you can uninstall it from the Control Panel. Go to “Settings” and click on “Apps.” Find the software in the list of installed apps and click on “Uninstall.” Follow the prompts to complete the removal process.
4. Use a third-party uninstaller: If the software cannot be uninstalled using the regular method, you can use a third-party uninstaller. These tools are designed specifically to remove stubborn programs and leftover files. Some popular options include Revo Uninstaller, IOBit Uninstaller, and CCleaner.
5. Reboot your computer: After uninstalling the interfering software, it’s important to reboot your computer. This will help clear any remaining files or processes related to the uninstalled software.
6. Use a system restore point: If you’re still experiencing issues, you can try using a system restore point to go back to a previous state when your computer was functioning properly. This will undo any changes made to your system, including the installation of third-party software.
7. Seek professional help: If you’re not confident in your technical abilities, it’s best to seek help from a professional. A computer technician will be able to identify and remove any third-party interference effectively.
In conclusion, third-party interference can cause various issues on your computer, but by following these steps, you can identify and remove any interfering software. It’s always a good idea to regularly check for any programs or applications that may be causing issues on your system to ensure smooth functioning.
In conclusion, FFXIV Error 90006 is a frustrating issue that players may encounter while playing Final Fantasy XIV. However, with some understanding of its causes and possible solutions, players can troubleshoot and resolve the error, allowing them to enjoy the game without interruptions. It is important to keep in mind that FFXIV Error 90006 can be caused by various factors and may require different approaches to fix. Therefore, it is always recommended to refer to official resources or seek help from the game’s community for further assistance when encountering this error. With the continuous updates and improvements made by the developers, it is hopeful that FFXIV Error 90006 will become less frequent in the future, providing a smooth and enjoyable experience for all players